Looking through the fridge of what to cook for last Sunday lunch. There are still leftover of frozen scallops since Chinese New Year, a can of Ayam Brand Olive Oil Sardine and few packets of Alce Nero organic spaghetti. Nothing beats home cook food by your love ones. Frog had whipped out scallops and olive sardine Aglio Olio for lunch on a lazy Sunday afternoon. He did not follow any recipe and just make used of the available ingredients to cook this dish.
Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti
8 Frozen Scallops
1 can Ayam Brand Olive Oil Sardine
Alce Nero Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoon Chop Garlic (Add more if desired)
Dried flakes parsley ( can use fresh chopped parsely)
(To cook Spaghetti)
1.2 liter of water per 80g of dry pasta (for one serving).
Boil water and add 10g salt per liter of cooking.
Cooking Time: 8min. For softer pasta, boil 2 or 3 mins more.
- Defrost the scallops and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the pan and add the extra virgin olive oil. Pan fry the seasoned scallops till brown at both side and take out the scallops to a plate.
- Add olive oil to the pan with the scallop juices and browned bits. When the oil is heated, add garlic. When the garlic turns light brown, turn to low heat and add cooked pasta, 1-2 tbsp reserve pasta water and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the scallops back to the pasta and toss to coat all ingredients evenly.
- Dish pasta to the serving plates and sprinkle with dried flake parsley.
- Lastly top the sardine to the cooked flavour pasta.
This is so delicious and have fun cooking this simple scallops and sardine Aglio Olio. You may also add chopped chilli padi for flavour and visual too.
Have a great week everyone!