Here’s a recipe for a light lunch in the comfort of your own home and it does not take a long time to prepare!! The ingredients are common to buy at your regular supermarket / wet market. It’s that simple! These are what you need only:
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 potatoes.
- 50g watercress (more if you love watercress, it doesn’t matter)
- 1 salmon fillet.
- 2-3 Portabello Mushrooms
- 60g unsalted butter (50g melted, 10g unmelted).
- Black pepper.
- Olive oil.
- Season the salmon fillet on both sides with salt and black pepper and cut up the mushrooms. Leave these aside.
- Placed the unpeeled potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes, drain and allow to cool completely.
- Heat up a pan, throw in the 10g unsalted butter with generous amount of olive oil. Place the salmon in and pan seared it till cooked.
- Now that the potatoes are cooled, peel and grate them and place in a medium bowl. Add the 50g melted butter and toss to combine.
- Sauted the mushrooms.
- Next, heat up the pan over medium high heat. Place two mounds of potato onto the pan and flatten with a spatula. Cook for 10 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and crisp. Place rosti onto two serving plates.
- Shred the salmon and pluck a few watercress over the rosti. Topped it with the mushrooms and ready to serve.
Simple and delicious. Do give it a try! Oh, despite the simplicity look of this dish, it still does fill one’s stomach decently.
Have a great week everyone!