Mother’s Day is just around the corner in 8th May 2016, it is the perfect time to go an extra mile and show your appreciation by whipping up an awesome meal for the important woman in your life. Most of the times, I will give tons of excuses ( busy, no time for cooking, hate to clean up the kitchen etc…) for not cooking. I really admire my mom’s preservation and determination in cooking for the family every day. She always makes sure that our meals are well taken care of. Now that I am married and what I missed the most is my Mom’s home cook food.
It is important to eat healthy and whipping up a meal does not have to be difficult. By making home cooked wrap, everyone in the family can sit down at the dining table; roll all the favourite ingredients with Mission Wraps. It is a good time to relax and family bonding over rolling of the wraps. A good way to spend quality time with the family.
Since the wrap is dedicated to my Mom for Mother’s Day, I had listed down all her favourite ingredients and create a wrap to her liking.
Chicken Salad With Sesame Dressing Wraps:
10 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Cup Frozen Corn Kernel (Cooked)
1 Cooked Roasted Chicken Thigh Leg from NTUC Finess (Remove the chicken meat)
Sauteed Button Mushroom
4 Hard Boil Eggs
Sesame Dressings Serve 4 – 5:
3 Tbsp white sesame seeds
2 Tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1.5 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tsp sugar
1/2 Tsp Mirin
1/2 Tsp Sesame Oil
Method (Sesame Dressing):
1. For the dressing, put sesame seeds in a frying pan and toast them on low heat. When 2 – 3 sesame seeds start popping from the pan, remove from the heat. Do note that the sesame seeds heat up very easily.
2. Pound the toasted sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle until smooth paste.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk everything together.
1. Heat the 6 grains Mission wraps according to the packet directions. Place the butter head lettuce on the wrap and divide the chicken thigh meat between them. Top with the sauteed mushrooms, corns, hard boiled egg and cherry tomatoes.
2. Drizzle with 2 tsp of sesame dressings.
3. Roll and serve the wrap.
Look at how colourful and tasty the Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing is. In love with the Sesame Dressing that has rich flavour of roasted sesame seed with a good balance of tanginess and creaminess. The dressing compliments the ingredients and it is very addictive.My kitchen had a nice aroma of sesame smell while I was pounding the roasted sesame seed.
For every purchase of 2 packets of Mission Foods Wraps, there is a complimentary “Quick and Easy” Dinner Ideas recipe book created in collaboration with Mission Foods by Mr Adam Liaw (Australia MasterChef). Below, I am sharing one of my favourite recipes from the recipe book. Here it goes:
Teriyaki Tuna and avocado Wraps:
425g canned tuna in spring water, drained
1 tsbp vegetable oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sake
1 tsp sugar
3 spring onions, finely sliced
8 leaves butter lettuce
4 mission 6 Grain Wraps
1 tbsp black sesame seeds ( I have used white sesame seeds instead)
2 avocados sliced
½ cup Japanese Mayonnaise
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the tuna, soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar. Fry until the tuna is dry and coated in a teriyaki glaze. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Mix with the mayonnaise and spring onion
2. Heat the wraps according to the packet directions. Place the butter lettuce leaves on the wrap and divide the tuna mixture between them. Top with the avocado, scatter with the sesame seeds, roll and serve.
Are you inspired to make your own wraps for your Mom as well? Visit Mission Foods websites for more recipes and product information.
Happy Mother’s Day!