My 2nd attempt in baking the Kueh Baulu. Yes this time round, it taste soft and fluffy not as hard as compared to my first attempt. Here is the recipe for baking the all time favourite Chinese new year festive goodies Kueh Baulu.
2 large eggs
60 grams sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
60 grams plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
- Put eggs into a mixing bowl. Use high speed to whisk until frothy.
- Add in sugar slowly.
- Whisk mixture until very light and fluffy for about 20mins
- Fold flour slowly into egg mixture in one direction.
- Greased the tray with oil using a brush or pandan leave.
- Pour into greased trays.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC 10/15mins till golden brown. Remove Kueh Baulu from the moulding tray.
I used the pandan leave to brush the moulding tray.
Kueh Baulu moulding tray.
The Kueh Baulu is crispy on the outside and it taste great!
A easy recipe and it is not so time consuming as baking other CNY festive goodies. All time favourite goodies that is simple to bake. Go and try it!
Practice makes perfect!
I shall continue to experiment and look up for other chinese new year goodies to bake. Stay tune! 🙂
Any queries on the recipes or sharing of CNY goodies recipes please leave a comment or send an email to yummyfoodbook.hotmail.com