With Christmas in just less than a week away, have you thought of what bakes to bake for Christmas? Warm cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven are a wonderful treat for any day of the year. A cinnamon roll is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. The main ingredients are bread flour, cinnamon, sugar, and butter, which provide a robust and sweet flavour. I had actually used my Panasonic SD-P104 bread maker to make the bread dough, after which shape the dough into desired shape, raise the bread roll and put the cinnamon bread roll in the oven to bake! This is my 2nd attempt in making the cinnamon bread roll. This time round, I had selected menu ‘9’ instead of menu ‘8’ to make the bread dough. The dough is easier to manage this time round and it was not too sticky/wet as compared to my first attempt.
Bread Flour 200g
Granulated Sugar 3 tbsp (36g)
Milk Powder 1 tbsp (6g)
Salt ¾ tsp (3.8g)
Egg (evenly mixed) Half of M size (25g)
Cold water (5˚C) 110mL
Instant dry yeast 11/4 tsp (3.5g)
Dried fruits / Raisin (pickled with rums or orange juice) 100g
Milk 1 tsp (5mL)
Cinnamon sugar an appropriate quantity
Ingredients C – For icing
Granulated sugar 25g
Water ½ tsp (3g)
1. Put ingredients A except for instant dry yeast into the bread pan and install the bread pan into the bread maker.
2. Place instant dry yeast into the yeast dispenser.
3. Select Menu ‘9’ and press ‘Start’.
4. The dough will be ready in an hour time.
5. Using Rowenta Oven, select Menu 14 (For proofing of bread dough).
6. Place the bread dough in a bowl and rest the dough in the oven with the above setting for 15 mins.
7. I had sprayed some oil to the working table top, hand and rolling pin. This is for better managing of the sticky bread dough.
8. After 15 mins, remove the dough to table top and roll the dough into a size of 15cm x 25cm (W X L)
9. Coat milk on ¾ of dough near to you and sprinkle cinnamon sugar and dried fruits on it.
10. Start rolling from the side close to you.
11. Cut it into six even pieces and place them in the 1.8L rectangular baking dish.
12. Place the baking dish back to the oven and continue to proof for 1 hr or double in size.
13. After 1hr, remove the baking dish and change the settings of the rowenta oven to traditional mode, 180˚C.
14. Preheat the oven to 180˚C and bake the cinnamon roll for 20 to 25 mins.
1. Place ingredients C in a bowl and add approximate 10mL of 60˚C hot water. Mix well.
2. Upon completion of baking, take the cinnamon roll out from the oven and drizzle the bread with the icing.
Beside baking the sweet roll, I am going to try baking savoury roll as well. Stay tune for more baking recipes and counting down to Christmas!