Have you thought of cooking Black Sesame Soup dessert at home? You can select the type of Black Sesame Seeds and the taste of the dessert soup as well. Black Sesame Seeds are rich in vitamin B, iron, calcium and zinc which prevent greying of hair, memory loss hearing loss and osteoporosis. It has anti ageing properties and can lower cholesterol level as well.
Those instant packets Black Sesame Soup dessert is kind of synthetic with added preservative to increase the shelf life of their products. It taste very sweet as well. Hence it is much healthier to cook at home as we do not add any preservative to our food and you can control what type of ingredients to use as well. Black Sesame Soup is one of the dessert that I will order always and sometimes the taste of the dessert is quite disappointing. Either the soup texture is too dilute or too thick.
The thought of using frying pan, pot and blender sometimes make me think again of cooking Black Sesame soup at home. Last Sunday, I had tried using the Thomson Kitchen Master to make the Black Sesame soup and it was a success. By using the Thomson Kitchen Master, I need not to transfer the Black Sesame soup from the pot to another blender for blending until smooth. The cooking and blending of the Black Sesame are all done in one appliance. Not only that, I need not to use frying pan to toast the flour and Black Sesame Seeds. I am only using the Thomson Kitchen Master to cook this dessert. How can this be done?
The Kitchen Master comes with a 2L Bowl with a cutting blade attached to it. The cutting blade acts as a blender / chopper by controlling the ‘Speed Button‘ knob ranges from speed 1 to speed 10. What to do if you do not want to blend nor chop the food? All you need to do is to press the ‘Reverse Button‘ for activating the blade to run in anticlockwise direction for gentle stirring of delicate foods. The Thomson Kitchen Master has a temperature ranges from 37 Degree Celsius to 100 Degree Celsius for cooking the food in the bowl. The multi function of the Kitchen Master makes cooking so convenient and easy!
If you have missed out on my unboxing video on Thomson 8 IN 1 Kitchen Master , click here to have a look at how it look like and the accessories that come along with the Kitchen Master.
Here is the video for the Black Sesame Soup recipe:
150g Black Sesame Seed
125g Rice Flour
125g Yellow Crystal Sugar / Rock Sugar
1. Pour in the rice flour into 2L Bowl. Close the lid and set the parameters as follow. Time: 10 minutes ; Speed: 2; Temperature: 90 Degree Celsius. Press ‘Reverse’ and followed by ‘ON’ to toast the flour.
2. Remove the toasted rice flour from the 2L Bowl.
3. Pour in the black sesame seeds into 2L Bowl. Close the lid and set the parameters as follow. Time: 10 minutes ; Speed: 2; Temperature: 90 Degree Celsius. Press ‘Reverse’ and followed by ‘ON’ to toast the seeds.
4. Set the parameters as follow. Time: 2 minutes ; Speed: 7. Press ‘ON’ to grind / blend the black sesame seeds into paste.
4. Remove the toasted black sesame seeds from the 2L Bowl.
5. Add 1200mL water into 2L Bowl. Close the lid and set the parameters as follow. Time: 7 minutes ; Speed: 2; Temperature: 100 Degree Celsius. Press ‘Reverse’ and followed by ‘ON’ to boil the water.
6. Add yellow crystal sugar, black sesame seed and rice flour to the boiled water. Close the lid and set the parameters as follow. Time: 6 minutes ; Speed: 3; Temperature: 70 Degree Celsius. Press ‘Reverse’ and followed by ‘ON’ to cook the Black Sesame Soup.
7. Blend the Black Sesame Soup by setting the parameters as follow. Time: 2 minutes ; Speed: 7. Press ‘ON’ to blend the Black Sesame Soup.
My family members had tried the Black Sesame Soup and they love the texture and taste of my home made dessert. They had even requested me to try cooking walnut,peanut and even almond soup dessert as well.
Cleaning is easy as I will only need to wash the 2L bowl and spatula. The cutting blade can be easily remove from the bowl for washing as well. It is relatively simple and straightforward to operate the Thomson Kitchen Master. For my 2nd attempt using Thomson Kitchen Master, I am able to successfully dish out a pot of hot creamy Black Sesame soup.
Impress your love ones by cooking delicious meals and desserts!