Thinking of what to cook over this weekend? I am sharing a simple and tasty deep fried potato patty recipe known as Begedil. Begedil is a Malaysian term for deep fried potato patty usually eaten with other Malaysian curries. I love to eat begedil with Mee Soto. My mother had shared this simple recipe with me and I can make my own begedil any time.
- 1kg Potato, peeled washed and cut into cubes
- 1 bunch Spring Onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt for seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten and used for coating purposes before deep frying
- Peel the potato and cut into quadrants.
- Fry the potato till golden brown or soft.
- Mash the potato.
- Mix the mashed potato, spring onions and 2 teaspoon of salt for seasoning (Add more if required).
- Shape into medium sized balls with the palms of your hands before flattening.
- Coat the begedil in beaten eggs and fry tilled lightly brown.
Have fun making them!